Chapters - ePub editor for Mac
Chapters allows you to open, create, edit and save ePub documents.
Open documents in separate windows with vertical scroll view or page view of an entire ePub document. With Chapters, you can also edit and format text, add images and media files, modify metadata. Once saved, share with ease as everyone can view ePub documents on a smartphone, tablet or computer, for example in iBooks on Mac and iOS devices.
Chapters key features include:
- Open ePub documents in separate windows
- Choose between vertical scroll view or page view
- Edit and format text
- Add images, audio and video files
- Edit document’s metadata and add a cover image
- Copy and paste between ePub documents
- Copy content from web pages into ePub documents
- Unlimited undo and redo
- Swipe between pages in page view
- Pinch to zoom
- Smart zoom with double-tap
- Zoom text only
- Print an entire ePub document
- Export to PDF
- Create ePub documents from web pages saved in Safari as Web Archives
- Save ePub documents as compatible with both ePub 2 and ePub 3 standards
Chapters also supports these great Mac features:
- Full Screen with any document
- Split View for side by side multitasking with other apps in full screen
- Autosave, which makes you confident that your changes are always saved
- Versions allows you to browse and restore previous changes
- Resume opens documents as they were when you quit app
- iCloud Drive keeps ePub documents in sync between all your devices
- Share ePub documents with your family, friends and colleagues via Mail, AirDrop, Messages and other services
- Tabbed windows on macOS Sierra
- Touch Bar support
Even though a quite capable app, Chapters cannot open ebooks protected with digital rights management (DRM), which would include those purchased from the iBooks Store for example.
Chapters is available for purchase from the Mac App Store right on your Mac.